Has your home been damaged by Monmouth County fire damage? Then you need to act quickly and contact the Monmouth Countydisaster restoration experts, ServiceMaster of the Shore Area. Quick action is key, as the longer you wait to take actions, the more damages you’ll accumulate and sustain. But as you wait for the experts to arrive onsite to mitigate and repair damages, here’s some helpful advice you can use to jumpstart the restoration process.
Here’s what you can do:
- Open all windows and doors to ventilate the property and reduce the amount of smoke odors.
- Clean fixtures of soot and smoke residue to avoid permanent marks and damages.
- Discard any open food packages.
- Place a damp cloth over air vents and registers to capture soot and dust.
- If possible, replace the air filters on your air circulation unit.
- Cover floors with tarps to avoid additional soiling.
- If there is no power, remove all items from your refrigerator.
- Do not touch or press on any fabric items that have soot buildup.
If you choose to attempt to clean your property after sustaining fire or smoke damages, use caution, as improper cleaning techniques may cause additional damages. Fortunately, ServiceMaster of the Shore Area offers emergency restoration services 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. When you contact us for Monmouth County fire damage, we’ll assemble a team of our expert restoration technicians and have them onsite at your location within hours to take over the damage mitigation and repair process. Call us today for all of your Monmouth County fire damage needs.